Monday, May 18, 2009

WIP - Happy Chap

There were some gorgeous kookaburra's at our local wildlife sanctuary when we last went there and this is one of them. They really looked cheeky and full of myrth. Not sure if I will sell this one or save it for the miniature art exhibition - will see how it works out.
I am a happy chap (or gal) today, firstly, because I finally managed to get two tickets for the upcoming Simon and Garfunkel concerts after they added a third Sydney concert to their Australian tour (thank God!) and secondly, because Illustrators Australia accepted my application for a gallery page on their website. So, I am singing and dancing my way through the day. Hope you all are having wonderful days as well. :)

4 comments:

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Congrats Karen on both the tickets and the web page. I love this little painting, the background is quite exciting as well.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Melody, hope you are still on a high after your wonderful trip away :)

artbyakiko said...

Congrats Karen! This kookaburra looks gorgeous even before it's finished.

I didn't know Simon and Garfunkel are still together.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Akiko!!!
They weren't together after falling out many years ago - I think they have a volatile working relationship, but got back together for this series of concerts. I never thought I'd get to see them sing in my lifetime, but grew up on their music so had to see them!