Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to all and my latest commission!!!

Montgomerie Family
8x10 inches
Graphite pencil on drafting film
I think Mother's Day is not only a day to reflect on our Mum's and to give them thanks but to sit back and bask in the love that our children bestow on us, and be so grateful for having had the opportunity to be a Mother. With four sons, who are all busy and wrapped up in each of their own lives, (and lets face it boys and men don't often find it easy to verbalise their feelings), I was so touched and grateful as each, in their own way let me know that I am loved and appreciated - I feel so very fortunate!!! My wish is that each of you, whether a Mother or not, will be surrounded by loved ones on Mother's day and that your day will be a wonderful one!!!!

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

What a beautiful commission piece, Karen. And so happy to know your boys all remembered their special mom today!

Unknown said...

What lovely words Karen. and a beautiful family portrait. May you have many commissions.

I hope the had a wonderful mothers day today.

Unknown said...

Thank you heaps Sherry and Dors - hope you both had the most wonderful Mother's Day!!!! xx