Thursday, March 12, 2015

My Selfie

My Selfie
8x10 inches
Coloured Pencil on Colourfix Suede board
I can't decide at the moment whether to do another project for my Beautiful Human Landscapes Project, whether to do another tutorial, or whether to do something completely different. So whilst in that indecisive phase, I decided to do a little fun piece entitled 'My Selfie', which combines some of the things I love the most - colour, realism and a touch of Trompe L'Oeil. This was a struggle though because of the surface I chose - Colourfix Suede. No matter how many layers I did, I couldn't cover up the texture and since I always go for that nice smooth look, this was a bit of a distraction for me.

Anyone have any ideas for my next project? I'm always open to suggestions :) 

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

You look amazing, Karen! Love the colors in your hair and the trompe de l'oeil effects.

Unknown said...

Thank you Crimson Leaves - you are always so lovely :)