Saturday, October 24, 2009

Latest 4x6 inch artwork - Santa Claws

Santa Claws
4x6 inch
Coloured pencils on drafting film
Christmas is a funny time of year. As the decorations start to appear on the shelves of all the stores, I am filled with a sudden panic at the thought of all that has to be done in the 8 weeks between now and December 25th - shopping, cooking, cleaning, wrapping, cards, the list is endless and overwhelming. But then the inner child emerges and the bright colours of Christmas, the joy of listening to much loved carols, the anticipation of the season to come takes over and I am filled with an urge to kick the season off with a Christmas OSWOA. I hope it brings out your inner child as you all face the weeks to come.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Shhh dont mention Christmas yet! Adorable Karen! I think Christmas is all about children and when we're older perhaps we can let ourselves back into that mindset and get as excited as we did when we were younger)

Unknown said...

Sorry Sam - I know it's a bit early. It would be lovely to think we could get that excited again wouldn't it!!!!

artbyakiko said...

What a wonderful Christmas kitty! I have to do some painting for this year's Christmas card, but still has no idea... :( I need some creative juice.

Unknown said...

I'm sure you will come up with something fabulous Akiko and I look forward to seeing what it is!!!