Wednesday, September 15, 2010

You Make Me Smile


You Make Me Smile
8x10 inches
Watercolours and acrylics on Canson Mi Teintes Tex Card
I really should have been working on a commission today, but sometimes the urge to be creative overwhelms everything else and I really had a compulsion to have some fun and play with colour. I took a litter of 8 little baby mice off to the pet shop on Monday, and so before Mum and Dad get too busy with another litter, they kindly indulged me with a bit of modelling for a photo shoot last night. Somehow, my art always comes back to the theme of mice - I just love drawing and painting them and their endearing little faces. I hope this brings a smile to your faces :))

5 comments:

Sue Clinker said...

Oh its gorgeous ... I just love that beady black eye.

Unknown said...

Aww Karen, I can tell you like mice! You do a wonderful job with them too. The lighting is great-how did you do the background?

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Sue and Sam - your comments are always appreciated!!! Sam the background was done dropping watercolours on the damp paper, then adding rock salt, and finally flicking specks of colour off the brush. I wasn't sure if it would work at all but had so much fun in the process!!!

Unknown said...

How cute and it sure put a smile on my face.
Lovely work as always.

Unknown said...

I'm thrilled to think this one put a smile on your face Dors - have a wonderful day :))