Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Goddess of Autumn - just for fun


Goddess of Autumn
8x10 inches
Coloured pencil on matte board

I am always extremely grateful for commission work, but it is so liberating and fun sometimes to indulge in a bit of art just for the sake for being creative and playing. I hadn't planned on picking up any pencils or doing any artwork for several weeks, but then the bug bites and I can't relax until I put a little colour on the board and let somes ideas come to fruition. So this artwork has been done for no other reason than to play with colour and because I love to draw beautiful faces.


I do hope everyone has had the most wonderful Christmas and that you all have the opportunity for a little R&R now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

how beautiful, love the mix of flowers in her hair, what a wonderful character youve created, hope you have a great holiday break and some great inspiration for the coming year

Barbara A. Freeman said...

This is so lovely Karen and my kind of colors! I just looked at your last commission and you sure have captured the cuteness of your subjects! And you have been published too! The best of luck with your tutorials! What a great year you have had and I hope 2011 will be even better for you!!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Maria for you very kind comments and I hope 2011 is a year filled with happiness and success for you!!! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you heaps Barbara. You have also had a super successful 2011 and you always inspire me. I look forward to sharing more your successes next year too!!! :)